Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Birthdays at Sea

 We always seem to celebrate Garry’s birthday at sea.  I guess because that is the time of year our preferred cruises occur. 
So my first plan was that I would put a message on the Wake Show wishing Garry a happy birthday and to look under the bed!...  this is where I had hidden his present. I was so excited ……
Waking at 4.30 am I was so excited I couldn’t go back to sleep.  Realising that Garry was also awake I suggested that we watch the Wake Show…. Garry said OK, but even in the dark I could sense the look of “you are joking” on his face.
We sat through all 20 mins of the show and with no shout outs read out during whole show I was left with the dilemma of “what will I do now”. I decided to let the cat out of bag and asked Garry to look under the bed.
It wasn’t until later when at the Men’s Shed, everyone asked Garry, what was under the bed?  that we found out that a re-edited version of the Wake Show was uploaded and at a descent hour the whole broadcast was played…  He was very chuffed with all his birthday wishes when we re watched it later in day.  I did speak with Mark later in the day and he was very apologetic when he realised what had happened, he knew exactly who we were when he read it out….
Thanks to organising the Cruise Critic lunches, Cristian our Maître d has become my best mate, along with Mario our head waiter...  In passing I mentioned that on this particular day we were celebrating Garry’s Birthday….
So that afternoon when we sat down to play cards with our friends in the Horizon court, Garry was serenaded by a group of waiters lead by Mario holding a cupcake with a candle in it…  Later that night at dinner Cristian arranged for Garry to have a birthday cake that not only fed our table but our whole section!  We were also spoilt with a bottle of champagne to toast with.
Garry was in his glory as our friends came bearing gifts and more champagne.


To top the night off how good was it that our Cruise Director Mark organised a Deck party with a love boat theme!
And so it is “Sea La Vie” from the beautiful Sun Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment